Friday, March 13, 2009

Ok, just one more....

Just one more and I will lay off Mr. K for awhile. Discussion between me and Aidan this morning.
Aidan: Going to school is very important.

Me: You're right, it is.

Aidan: If I don't go to school, will I have to live on the street?

Me: What?!

Aidan: Well, people that don't go to school live on the street.

Me: Who told you that? (as if I didn't already know)

Aidan: Mr. K

The next few minutes were spent trying to explain that no, I don't think he will ever have to live on the street. I understand instilling a value in education but come on...

1 comment:

Carol Lawrence And Stacy Toten said...

Come on is right. There are plenty of educated people on the streets right now. But you handled it well. Don't you love the conversations that come up with kids. Priceless!