Monday, April 24, 2006

His Mother's Son

You know how when you were growing up and were annoying the heck out of your mother, she would say "I hope when you have children, they are just like you"? Well, I think the curse has come true for me. At least partly.

Lately, one of the boys has been driving me batty. He is chasing the dog around in circles in the house while screeching in delight. He helps himself to the step stool to get something out of reach that he knows he shouldn't have (DVDs). He continually writes on things with his crayons despite my frequent threats. I have finally taken his crayons away. So, as he was preparing to take all the cushions off the couch again after I had put them all back, I sat firmly on the cushion he was trying to toss off. We sat there for a minute staring at each other with the same look of determination on our faces. Me to keep the cushion on and he to take it off. It finally dawned on me that the reason we have been butting heads lately , so to speak, is that we are alike. We are both stubborn as mules when we get it in our head to do something. We are both determined to make said thing happen. And if someone gets in our way....look out. Not to mention the fact that he most surely inherited the ability to whine from me. Though that is only something I will admit here.

I hope his child is exactly like him.

No comments: