Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Chilly Chili

The other day I was making chili. The boys came in and wanted to know what I was making and I told them. So they asked me what was in it and I told them and asked if they wanted to try some when it was all finished. Aidan said "No!" straight away and Gavin said "Sure". Can you tell who my adventurous eater is?

So the afternoon goes on and my chili is simmering away. Dinnertime appoaches and I ask the boys what they want, forgetting all about our conversation earlier. Aidan wants fishsticks (surprise, surprise) and Gavin announces he wants "the cold stuff". I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about and after more insistance that he wants the cold stuff, it finally dawns on me that he means the chili. I ask him if he is sure. Yes, he is he says. I put Aidan's fishsticks in the oven plus a few extra. I spoon some chili into a bowl for Gavin and present it to him. He takes one bite and says "I don't like it!". I figured as much. But at least he tried it before deciding unlike his brother who I cannot get to try anything new.

The chili turned out yummy by the way. They don't know what they are missing!

1 comment:

deedee said...

Neither one of my girls is brave enough to taste chili, they don't know what they're missing :)