Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh, this one is a doozy...

Yes, another Mr. K story.

On the way home from school the other day, here is the conversation we had:

Aidan: Mommy, did you know that a lot of people in America don't have jobs?

Me: Yes, I do know that...

Aidan (cuts me off): And do you know why they don't have jobs?

Me (very curious to hear his answer): Why?

Aidan: Because the people in China make everything now and there is nothing for America to do.

Me: (Silence--wondering what I can possibly say.)

Aidan: And do you know they steal children to work in factories there?

Gavin (quiet up until now): Do they steal children here??

Oh. my. god. Now, I do realize this is coming from a 5 1/2 year old and the conversation Mr. K had with the kids may not have quite gone down like that. BUT, this is what a 5 1/2 year old took away from that conversation. Regardless of what was actually said, I do not think that kindergarteners need to know about the state of our economy and if their parent might lose a job because China makes everything. That's just me.

_________________________________

On a funnier note, my friend who has a child in Mr. K's class also told me that the other night her son saw a shooting star. She told him to make a wish because that wasa lucky star. He closed his eyes tight and wished:

"I wish someone would replace Mr. K."

LMBO

No comments: