Monday, February 26, 2007

It's done

My poor, poor neglected blog. I apologize for leaving you dormant for so long in between my entries. But, you see, I have been focusing lately on something much more important: Potty Training.

Yes, that's right. Potty training. Times two.

It all started last Monday. I asked my husband weeks ago to take off February vacation week so we could concentrate on getting the boys to stop wearing diapers. At 3 years 8 months, it was time. So Sean stayed home, the boys woke up Monday morning and we put underwear on them (with some warning in the previous days) and have not looked back. They are doing so well it is prompting me to ask myself "Is that it? Could it have been that easy?".

I had been dreading this process, mainly for selfish reasons. I envisioned myself staying home all day every day until they got the hang of the whole potty thing. So by asking Sean to stay home and help, I assured myself that I could at least escape for an hour at some point if it all got to be too much.

So we started exactly one week ago today and the boys have been out in public with no accidents. We have gone to a family function and the boys told us when they had to pee. I am just amazed that it just clicked so quickly. Of course, I think their age had something to do with it. Had I attempted this 6 or 8 months ago, I don't think they would have gotten the hang of it so fast. Timing is everything.

And for once, I timed it just right!

No comments: