Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oh, my scapula!

Thank you, Jimmy Neutron for introducing the word scapula into my 4 year olds' vocabulary.

I walked into the living room this morning and Gavin is sitting on the chair watching Jimmy with his brother.
"Mummy...(giggle, giggle)...you know what Shane just said?" (giggle, giggle)
"What did Shane just say?"
(giggle, giggle) "He said (giggle) 'ow! My scapula!'" (hysterical laughter ensues)

So, now they are running through the house chasing their little sister screaming "Oh, my scapula!" while breaking into more fits of hysterical laughter. What the heck is so funny about a scapula? And then it hits me that these are 4 year olds. They don't even know what a scapula is. But they have an idea. I just overheard them playing in Ciara's room, again exclaiming about their scapula. And then I hear Gavin say:
"Aidan....do you know what a scapula is? A penis!"

Ah, of course. What else would a 4 year old boy think it is?

1 comment:

Mama Luvins said...

That's hilarious!!!