Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just what I wanted to hear

So, as I discussed in my last post, I have been in a little bit of a funk. Part of this is feeling "mom-ish" lately. Yes, I realize I am a mom but that doesn't mean I am still not me. Before I had the boys, I was a bit of a clotheshorse. Now, I can't image spending all that money on clothes that are going to get sneezed on, drooled on and more than likely colored on with magic marker. This is not to say that I have let myself go but on any given day you will more than likely find me in the same pair of comfy jeans and a fleece pullover.

Well, I decided to buy myself a new winter coat. This is a major production for me because I hate coats that are too bulky, don't fall exactly right, etc. That said it usually takes me hours of trying on coats, thinking I like them, bringing them home and then deciding no, I really don't like it. I bring it back and the whole process starts over.

After several attempts, I finally have a coat that I think says "young and hip". I am happy with the way it fits and looks. I am confident this is the keeper so I do the thing I always hesitate most to do--I take the tags off. To me, nothing says "Now I own it" more than that.

I hang the newest member of my wardrobe on the coat rack. It has not been there more than five minutes when Aidan walks by and notices it.

"Look", he said, "Grandma left her coat here."

Grandma?! Grandma?!

So much for being young and hip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! I'm sorry, Paula, but that is too funny!

deedee said...

Hahaha! Is it plaid by any chance? I have been wanting a tailored plaid coat for awhile now.