Friday, January 12, 2007

The winter blahs

It seems I have been on hiatus.

Every time I have sat down to blog about something, I have ended up sitting staring at the screen for a minute or two and then decide I have nothing to say. I guess I am just in a little funk. The holidays are over, the weather is so weird and I am feeling a bit bored these days.

The boys are still in preschool two days a week and the time has come to secure them a spot for next September if we so wish. I am having a wee bit of trouble processing that one year from September, I will be sending them off to Kindergarten (!). How can that be? And when I send them off to Kindergarten, that means I will be sending Ciara off to her first year at preschool and I will have two and a half hours two days a week all to myself. This is supposed to make me happy. Right?

I don't know why I am even doing this to myself right now. I am usually great at "crossing that bridge when I come to it". I guess this funk is the culprit.

And again, the weather isn't helping. 64 degrees in Boston in January? I am hoping for a good snowstorm before the winter is over. Being housebound, cooking up a storm, baking cookies with the boys. I think that would help my mood.

I am off to retrieve the boys from their rooms. They have been having "quiet time" the past week or so. Naps are a thing of the past for them. All traces of baby/toddlerhood are gone. There I go again, getting all melancholy...I better go and fast!

1 comment:

deedee said...

It's definitely the season of the blahs. I've been reading about the weird weather in the states, I bet building a good snowman would be fun for you all, but you'll have to fly out to LA for that.