Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oh, the heat

It is so freaking hot here. There are all sorts of heat advisories right now to just stay inside and not venture out as the air quality is so poor. But guess where I was today in the height of the heat? Yup. Target. Yes, yes, I know....my mother already called and left a message on my machine: "Where can you possibly be in this heat? I hope you don't have those kids outside..." But I had to go to Target because guess who was found at the top of the kitchen stairs (aka The Stairs of Death because they are kind of unfinished) eating a nugget of cat food? Little Miss Ciara. Yes, that's right. She is now fully mobile AND climbing up stairs. All my other baby gates are in use so I had to go out to get one more for those awful stairs in the kitchen. And the kicker? They didn't have the kind of gate I wanted after schlepping the kids in the car in 95 degree heat. Stupid Target.

Oh, and we are supposed to get horrible thunderstorms when the cool front moves in later today. Gavin is going to be petrified. Poor guy.

No comments: