Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A scene from Sixth Sense

Gavin scared the crap out of me (again) today. Some background: About a year ago, Gavin had come out of his bedroom, looked up to the third floor, raised his hand and said "Hi". I looked and no one was there. Also, the psychic I visited recently strongly feels there are spirits here.
Back to today:

We are playing up in the playroom on the third floor. All of us plus the dog. Ciara is playing with her toys, Aidan is playing with a car and Gavin is building with blocks. Gavin happens to be stationed right across from the doorway. He looks at me and says "Something is coming." I asked him what and he answered "Bugs." which is his newest fascination. No, there's no bugs up here, I tell him. He goes back to playing and then says again "Something is coming. I want to shut the door." Now, I am ashamed to admit that I am very easily spooked especially when I am home alone with three small children. But I try to play it cool and just say "No, we can't shut the door or else Finn won't be able to get out and he'll bark." To which Gavin replies "But I don't like the ghosts". Aaaaaaah! Then he says it again and I am practically peeing myself but trying to remain calm and announce that it is snack time and we are all going downstairs right now.

Now that I think of it, I feel silly but I wonder what goes through his head. We don't talk about "ghosts" and they really only watch PBS or Noggin so I am not sure they would pick it up there. Actually now that I think of it, there was a Backyardigans episode the had a haunted house in it but they haven't watched them in ages.

Let's hope it was just a very vivid imagination.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is way too creepy. You girls with the spirits really creep me out!