Thursday, September 13, 2007

School is now in session

My Wordless Wednesday post was actually a photo from last year--their first day of school ever. Here is a picture from this year's first day.And then of course Ciara, who must do every single thing her brothers do, jumped in.
So, this year was so much more relaxed and anticlimactic than last year. Last year there was a big unknown of what 'preschool' was and all that it entailed. This year they knew what to expect and were chomping at the bit to get back. Sean and I hung around for a bit just in case but the boys really paid us no mind once they were at the table and playing Mr. Potatohead with their friends.
After their drop-off it was time to take Ciara to her Creative Movement class which I was so looking forward to. It is fun to do an activity like this with only one child to focus on. I never had that with the boys and it is such a different experience. No double stroller to lug out of the car, unbuckle and then buckle two kids in, make my way to the door and hope that the stroller fits through. Nope. Just unbuckled Ciara, grabbed my bag and was int he door in 30 seconds.
The class was not as good as I expected. First off the teacher didn't even introduce herself and secondly she didn't ask the kids any of their names. As a former teacher, I think that is such an important part of any type of class. But, all Ciara really cared about was running around the room with the 'twirling ribbons' so I guess it's all good.

No comments: