Thursday, February 05, 2009

Just a conversation I want to remember

Tomorrow is Pajama Day at school. Everyone wears their pajamas and also gets to bring a stuffed animal to school. Well, for Gavin this is a major event because he has to bring just the right stufed animal. I kid you not, he has probably close to 100 stuffed animals mostly Beanie Babies. He has already changed his mind 5 times as to which one he is bringing. So, he makes his choice just before bed and then we are laying there talking before he falls asleep.

Gavin: Well, I am bringing Birdie tomorrow.

Me: Good choice.

Gavin: And when I have Pajama Day in 1st grade, I'll bring Elephant.

Me: OK

Gavin: And when I am in 2nd grade, I'll bring Plankton. When I'm in 3rd grade I'll bring Doggie. When I'm in 4th grade I'll bring Jellyfish and then when I am in 5th grade I'll bring Tyrone. I can't wait until I am in 5th grade!

Me: Well, don't be in a hurry to be in 5th grade.

Gavin: Why?

Me: Because then you'll be all grown. I want you to be my baby boy.

Gavin: (exasperated sigh) Mummy, I will always be your baby boy. Always.

1 comment:

deedee said...

I know what you mean, my oldest is in fifth grade and she is pretty much a big girl now. Sigh, it's good and sad...