Monday, August 14, 2006

Any reservations about preschool are gone, gone, gone

I have been feeling melancholy the past few months because I registered the boys for preschool in May. Where did my baby boys go? I dragged my feet sending in the first tuition payment while I made up my mind. Did I really want to send them off into the world? Did I really want their world to expand beyond "Mommy"? In May I was teetering back and forth. Maybe I'll just keep them home, I thought. But then I finally just sent in the payment so there was no going back. And boy, am I glad I did. My boys have turned into small Napoleans since they have turned three. Manners that I used to pride myself on have gone out the window only to be replaced by demands. "Get me a juice box." "I want more crackers." and the worst "Gimme it!". I am shocked and appalled. And looking forward to shipping them out two days a week. I can now spend a little quality time with Ciara who cannot talk back to me...yet.

No comments: