Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mama!

Ciara has been saying Mama for a few months now. In the very beginning I wasn't sure she really meant me or if it was just that pre-speech babble. Then my brother was holding her and I walked by and she most definitely looked at me and said "Mama!". So now, Mama is just about all she says. All day. Every day. In different tones and inflections to get her point across.

In the morning, she happily babbles and plays in her crib for about 30 minutes: Mamamamamama (I just woke up and am happy right now). Then she questions: Mama? Maaaamaaaa? (Are you there? Are you going to come get me anytime soon?) Then demands: Mama! MaMA! MAMA!!! (I am ready to get out of here now!)

When I leave the room while she is playing with her brothers and she suddenly realizes I am gone she crawls to find me all the while saying "Mama...maamaa...". When she is tired she crawls up to my leg and lifts her arms up to be cuddled. "Mama". The best is when I return from an errand and she has been with her grandparents. I walk through the door and call out "Hello?" and she makes a beeline for the front door with a huge grin on her face and a happy "Mama!!".

Perhaps the funniest though, is when her daddy gets home and walks in the front door. She crawls right over to him and gives him a big smile and says "Mama?". We're working on that one.

No comments: