Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One

My baby girl turns one today! How is it possible that exactly one year ago today she lay in her hospital bassinet sleeping, oblivious to most everything around her and now she is taking first steps, saying first words and charming the pants off of us every day?

In Aidan and Gavin's birthday post, I explained how my pregnancy with them was very special for different reasons than Ciara's. That is because Ciara's happened naturally, all on its own, without any medical intervention. I will never forget how worried I was that we would have trouble conceiving again and I was in such a rush to do it. I was on a biological timetable because of these weird cysts I get on my ovaries. It was a strong possibility that these cysts could comeon and I would lose one or both ovaries.

So, when the boys were about 7 months old, I got pregnant and had a miscarriage. That at least gave us hope that we could conceive on our own. But, after another 9 months of trying and no pregnancy, we headed back to our fertility doctor. When we met with him I remember saying how I didn't feel our family was complete and we wanted to try again. He said "Well, if you have another set of twins, will your family be complete?". I was kind of annoyed at that comment. As if he were saying I should be happy with the two beautiful boys I had and be content with that. Well, of course I was happy with my boys but I also felt that our family was missing someone. I can't explain it--just a feeling of not being "done". We left there and I was feeling kind of down. Little did I know that the whole time I was sitting discussing all the medications I would need to take again to get pregnant, I already was! We found out the next week that we were expecting again and the rest is......Ciara. lol


Happy Birthday!!


Create your own video for free at www.onetruemedia.com

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was so beautiful. I am amazed at how many of those pictures I recognized. So cute! Happy 1st Birthday Ciara!

Jen said...

That was great - She is such a beautiful and happy girl - what a blessing