Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random things they say...

I wanted to write some of these things down before I forget them. They say so many things during the day that make me stop and say "I have got to remember this".

This morning Aidan and Gavin asked for a snack and chose raisins. Now, I know Gavin does not like raisins but he insisted that is what he wanted. So Aidan finds Gavin's box of raisins and I overhear the following conversation:

A: Gavin, here's your box of raisins.
G: I don't want it. You can have it.
A: No, I have my own box.
G: I don't want them.
A: What should we do with them?
G: Give them to Mummy. Mummy will eat them.

Alright, that isn't that funny but I am constantly amazed that they are actually having their own little conversations. They are getting so big.
_________________________________

Yesterday, Aidan wanted more milk so he follows me around asking for it. It was near nap and he was tired and I was flipping through the mail before going to get his milk. He kept saying "Can I have more milk please?" and I absent-mindedly said "Yes, yes...just a second" and then he says to me "Sir? Sir, can I have more?" Where the heck did that come from?
________________________________

Ciara was up in her crib fussing before falling asleep for her morning nap. Aidan comes up to me and tells me that Ciara is crying as if I couldn't hear her. I said "She is just trying to fall asleep". He said "No she is saying (changes his voice to a high pitch) 'I don't want to go to sleep. I want to play with my brothers.' Cute.
_______________________________

This one is kind of mean of me...the boys have this cheetah mask and I put it on today and snuck up behind Aidan and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, he starteld a little bit but then laughed. The next thing I know I am in the kitchen and Aidan comes out with the mask. I ask what he is doing and he said "I am putting this in the trash so you won't scare me anymore". Can you tell I've done it more than once?

So there you have it...a couple of vignettes more for my memory than for your reading enjoyment I suppose. I am afraid I am going to forget all these cute, funny little stories and I won't recall how they were as small children. Does every mother have this fear or am I the only loon?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I LOL over the mask story. They are so cute! I can only imagine life with twins must never have a dull moment.

deedee said...

These are cute snippets, that I enjoyed reading. Writing them down so you don't forget is a good idea.
BTW, I do love Armenian food!