Thursday, May 25, 2006

No more formula!


I don't know whether to laugh or cry. When I think of not shelling out $20+ every week for formula, I want to laugh. On the other hand, it also means that my baby has outgrown that part of her babyhood. And that makes me want to cry. She will be 10 months old next week and the doctor had given us the go ahead to start her on whole milk so when we came to our last can of formula, I decided to just do it. The only thing that was holding me back was the fact that I wanted to relish her infancy.

It is funny how things change because when Aidan and Gavin were her age, I couldn't wait for them to be off of formula (twins=twice as many cans each week!). In fact, I couldn't wait for them to do a lot of things. Crawling, pulling up, walking, talking--I was so anxious for them to hit these milestones as a sign they were developing on target. But now with Ciara, who is most definitely my last baby, I feel just a teeny bit sad with each passing milestone. The week before she turned 9 months old, she crawled forward for the first time, clapped her hand and said "Mama". I was so proud-happy-sad-melancholy that week. She is growing up way too fast for my liking.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! How can she be that old already?! Crazy that she is growing up so fast. But, as we just dropped formula last week, I can understand the upside!!

Kimberly said...

She is so beautiful! They do grow up so fast.