Monday, May 01, 2006

What was I thinking?

So, the boys' birthday is coming up in just about a month. I just cannot believe they will be three years old. This is probably the last year I could get away with picking their birthday party theme and have them accept it and love it. But what did I do? I asked them what they wanted. And then we went through a birthday party catalog that happened to come in the mail that day. Yeah, smart move Mom. Naturally they both wanted a different theme which is ok by me because I want to foster their independent identities. But, what drives me nuts is that they change their mind after turning the page. Every. single. page.

Aidan: "I want a Madagascar tea party" (Tea party= Birthday party. I have no idea where he came up with this one.)
Gavin: "I want Buzz Lightyear"
A: "Oh look, Nemo! Can I have Nemo?"
G: "Baby Einstein! I want Baby Einstein!" (They actually had this last year but of course, don't remember. Or care.)

And so it went on like this all afternoon until the catalog was ripped to shreds from them looking through it/arguing over it. Today, we actually took them to the party store to pick out invitations figuring that once we did that, we could hype them up on their chosen theme so they would stop changing their minds every 30 seconds. It was more of the same at the store but one finally settled on Madagascar and one on Nemo.

So there. It is chosen. Now they keep asking to have cake.

2 comments:

Mama Luvins said...

I think it's awesome that you let them each choose a different theme. You do an amazing job.

Sarah said...

You are such a nice mommy! But, I am sure they drove you crazy! LOL