Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autumn in New England, part 2

Blogger is acting weird when I try to upload photos so I thought I'd try a new post.

So, as I was saying, we went to a pumpkin festival in Maine where the kids did some fun activities. I also tried to take advantage of all the lovely displays and get another pic of the three of them. I think I will give up for a while on this task.

Moving on to our next excursion...the Topsfield Fair. To some people this is the epitome of fall activities. I myself, have not been to the fair in at least 15 years. I am not one for crowds and overpriced food. But, my sister seemed to think the kids would enjoy it and so she talked me into it. Aidan (aka Ponyboy at this point) rode another pony.


And the boys and I rode an elephant. I wsa petrified the whole entire time I was up there. All I could think of was the circus elephant that went beserk and trampled several people. The things we do for our children.

And Ciara just enjoyed roaming free again.


As we were leaving the fairgrounds, one of the mounted police asked the boys if they had a good time. Then he turned to the adults and said "Do you have any money left? Are you sure you're ready to leave?". He was joking but my sister and I were not laughing as we had spent a hefty sum on parking, entrance fees, overpriced mediocre food, and rides. But, it's all in the name of fall fun, right?

No comments: