Wednesday, October 18, 2006

An Irish lass



Well, a half-Irish lass. My in-laws got Ciara this sweater on their last trip to Ireland before she was even born. Ciara is their first and only granddaughter after 9 grandsons so they were pretty excited. The hat came from one of our many trips to Ireland and the UK and was originally bought for my niece about 5 years ago. I couldn't resist putting it on her with the sweater.

As evidenced by the photo, Ciara seems to have inherited none of my Italian heritage. As one person recently said to me: "Wow, none of your kids look like you, do they?". Thanks.

3 comments:

deedee said...

She's so cute. My husband is 1/2 Italian, but my girls look more like me, so I don't know what that has to say about Italian genes.

How do you pronounce her name?

Paula said...

Her name is pronounced Keer-a. We chose the traditional Irish spelling even knowing all the grief we would get with it. People pronounce it all sorts of ways but I think the Irish spelling is pretty.

Sarah said...

OMG! That is just too cute. She is so beautiful!