Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Growing too fast

Ciara is now a little over 14 months old. But, whenever I look at her and the things she is doing, she seems more like an 18 month old. She seems to be doing things so much earlier than the boys (except for talking). I am sure it is due, in part, to having two older brothers to toddle after and try to get in on the action.

The other day I asked the boys to sit on the stairs so I could get their shoes and socks on. As they sat down Ciara ran over to the steps, wedged herself in between the boys and stuck her foot up in the air. It was so cute. I am so amazed at how much she understands what you say to her. She has been doing that since about 13 months old. Much earlier than the boys.

Recently she has started picking through the toy box to find her dolls. These dolls were hand-me-downs from my niece and I really didn't think Ciara would play with them yet so I just put them in the toybox along with everything else. Well, Ciara loves them. She carries them around, hugs them and passes them off to her brothers so that they can hug them too. Never mind that they don't necessarily want to hug them, lol. And just this morning, when I said it was time for breakfast, she ran over to her highchair with her dolls and tried to put them in there. Sometimes she is so cute, I can't stand it.

Since she is our last, I find myself thinking lately "Where is my little baby?" But, as she grows and discovers more and more it helps me stop pining for the days of infancy.

No comments: