Thursday, October 26, 2006

Brotherly Love


This is my first time participating in Love Thursday !

Pictured above are my twin boys, age 3. When I found out I was having twins (and perhaps even more when I found out they were both the same sex), I was so happy that they would have built-in friends. I imagined them playing happily together for hours on end. And then they were born and it soon became apparent, even as newborns, how very different their personalities were. Aidan, the hugger in the photo, is very free with his feelings and is the one who will bounce over to cuddle on your lap as soon as you sit down. Gavin, the masked huggee, is much more guarded with his emotions and always holds back just a little.

And then I caught this moment in a photo. The sheer joy and love for his brother from Aidan and the acceptance of being hugged (and maybe even liking it!) from Gavin.

Happy Love Thursday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like every little thing is going to be all right with those two!

Happy Love Thursday!

Anonymous said...

That picture is precious.

Schatzi said...

Aww!! Brotherly love is great!! Cute photo!

deedee said...

Happy Love Thursday! one of my girls will dressing as a bat for Halloween.

Sarah said...

Awwwww....I see a great scrapbook page from that one!