Tuesday, September 12, 2006

1st day....a bit anticlimactic

So the first day has come and gone and I haven't even gotten just a bit teary. My mil called me again to see how I was doing.

We walked them to their classroom, stayed about 15 minutes and then went to meet with the director and socialize with other parents. They actually let us leave though for a few seconds it was iffy. When we came to get them about 45 minutes later, the teacher said they did ok. Gavin kept asking for me and when I was coming back and Aidan cried just a little but then was fine. She said both boys were "well-mannered" but then again, she only had them for 45 minutes. Hahahahaha. She'll see.

I suppose the real test comes Thursday when they go for a couple of hours. We are encouraged to give hugs and kisses at the door of the classroom and then leave. It is highly recommended you don't actually enter the classroom for fear the domino effect will have ALL the parents milling about in the small room.

Well, we'll just see how that goes over with A&G.

No comments: