Friday, September 15, 2006

My guys


Well, according to their teacher, the boys had a pretty good first "real" day of school. No tears but lots of asking about me and where I was. I'll take that. It would have broken my heart if they had cried a lot.

I asked the teacher if they stuck together and she said not at all. They both went their separate ways in the class. I figured they would and I suppose that is a good thing. They felt at ease enough that they didn't need to be by each other's side the whole time. I arrived 10 minutes early and the class was at recess so I got to spy on them from my car. That was kind of cool. I have never seen them play before without me being at least 3 feet from them.

One last thing the teacher told me is how Gavin (orange shirt) asked questions all the livelong day. "What are we having for snack?" "Why are we having cheese?" "How many crackers do we get?" while Aidan just rolled with the punches. That is exactly them in a nutshell. This made me feel good because I felt the teacher really paid attention and got to know the children even on the very first day.

I am so relieved that they like it and dropping off was not as much of an issue as I had been preparing for.


1 comment:

deedee said...

I like what you said about the teacher. She sounds like a very good teacher.