Monday, September 11, 2006

On the eve of preschool

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Preschool. Only for an hour though and we will be in the next room. Thursday is the real deal.

My mil has called me twice in the past few days to find out how I am doing with the whole preschool thing. I am honestly trying not to dwell on it and she is not helping any. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit melancholy that my firstborns are expanding their horizons and I will no longer be their whole world. Or that I wasn't a little nervous that all of my hard work parenting these boys for the past three years will be put to the test as they interact with adults who may not think their every move is just adorable.

But, it is only preschool. And I truly think it will be good for them (and for me) to be away from me a few hours a week. Now I just need my heart to follow suit.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Mommy, they are going to have a great time and you will treasure being able to have private moments with your little girl. Good luck tomorrow boys!!!

Sarah said...

Oh, I am so right with you. Justin starts this morning and it is almost heartbreaking, yet so exciting at the same time.