Thursday, June 01, 2006

My daughter, the model


I debated on whether to blog about this but decided that since this is a chronicle of my life and my children's life, I'd go ahead. I didn't want to be seen as one of "those" moms who think their child/children are the most beautiful things on earth. That said, here is our little story:

Yesterday, I took Ciara to an open call at a modeling agency here in Boston. Of course, I think she is adorable but I kept getting comments from people when we were out and about. People would stop me to tell me how beautiful her eyes were and how long her lashes were (trying really hard not to sound like one of "those" moms here...bear with me). But even more than this, the main reason I decided to bring her to the modeling agency is that she has such a great personality. She is the most laid back of my bunch and has a smile for pretty much everyone. I actually had been thinking about taking her for a while now and finally yesterday I did.

We got to the agency about 20 minutes before the scheduled open call. There were already a few moms and babies in line. When it was time, they called us in (by now there were about 25 babies) and we were all crammed in this tiny office. Can you imagine the scene? 25 babies, 25 moms on a sultry day in Boston in a 15x15 room with no air conditioning? Yeah, I bet you can. So after the spiel about the baby market in Boston, we were called up one at a time for a 30 second look-over with one of the agency's reps. I could hear the woman--Ginger--telling the people ahead of me "OK, I'll keep these two pictures, here are the others" (We were supposed to bring 5 each). Then when she got to me and Ciara, she looked at her and then her pictures and commented on her beautiful eyes and how she was very photogenic. . Then she told me she was keeping all 5 of her pictures. Me outside: "Oh, ok. " Me inside: "YES! She wants all 5!" (Where did that come from?)

So, if they wanted your child to sign with them, they said they would be in touch with us by 5pm today. At 12:23 my phone rang and guess who it was? Go on, guess....Yes that's right! The modeling agency wants Ciara to sign with them! And they even said her name right!

Can fame and fortune be far behind? I am totally kidding....

No comments: