Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well....Guess we can't go back to that Target anytime soon

Target is one of the few stores I can get to with all three kids. Ciara rides in the front and I put both boys in the cart part until we get into the store. Then I keep them in the cart as long as possible until they whine to get out. 99% of the time this works out really well for us but not today. Today we fell under the very rare 1%.

It started off well enough with both boys trailing along behind or in front of me. They were even listening when I told the to freeze when they got too far ahead. Then they each picked out a music cd that I completely forgot I told them we could get "next time we went to Target". So that took them a good 20 minutes as they picked one up, put it back, then each picked the same one, put those back....you get the idea. So we make our way to the registers to pay and Gavin decides he wants a snack. Fine. He picks one, we pay and now the boys need to walk with me because I have bought a Rubbermaid container which is in the part of the carriage they usually sit in. This is where it all falls apart. Gavin decides he wants a different snack and starts to go back to pick one out. I call for him, he senses what I am going to say and starts to squat and yell in the middle of the aisle. I am quickly losing my patience and look back at Ciara and Aidan and decide I just have to run and grab him. Gavin sees me and starts running the other way. Oh. My. God. I could have killed him! I race for him, scoop him up and carry him kicking and screaming from the store. A first for me. Usually I am able to reason with them and at least exit the store without too much fanfare. Not today. Oh no. All eyes were on us.

The only bright spot was this is not the Target we usually go to. So at least we are still safe at our regular store. If I dare go again.

Oh and I just feel the need to mention that during this whole expedition, Ciara was just sitting in the carriage, kicking her legs, and babbling to herself happily. She is such a laid back kid.

No comments: