Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Um, hello? Clothes manufacturers? It is still June...

...In case you haven't noticed. I went to search for a swimsuit for Ciara and could find nothing. Yes, I know it is a bit late in the game but I was thinking she could get away with a swim diaper and a tee shirt for the beach. Now I am rethinking that and want to get her a real swimsuit. But, guess what? I can't find one! All the freakin' fall clothes are out. "Fall preview" the stores are calling it. I went to Carter's because they were having a summer clearance (!) and even there it was slim pickin's. No cute little sundresses, no one-piece body suits. Hardly anything. Who buys fall clothes in June? Tell me. Unless you are going on a trip someplace cool I don't think anyone.

And while I am on the rant of clothing manufacturers, could they please try to be a little more consistant in their sizing? I bought Ciara two Carter's sunsuits (in March before the fall clothes came out). Both the same size and same fabric. I washed them the other day in the same load and one shrunk and one didn't. One is a good inch shorter than the other and probably will not even fit her. I am so annoyed. Old Navy is another store which is famous for this. I can pick up four 3T tee shirts and each one will fit the boys differently.

So that is my consumer rant for the day. I thought I'd feel better. But I don't.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I went out today and saw the cutest fall clothes. It killed me not to buy some. LOL