Monday, June 26, 2006

Random thoughts...

Ciara is still doing great sleeping in her crib. Yay! She gets up once about 2 or 3 am but I give her a couple of ounces of milk and she is right back to sleep. Much better than being up 4 or 5 times a night! I still can't believe how easy the whole crib thing was once she decided the time was right. I had tried for weeks to get her in the crib and she was having none of it. It was almost like she had to reach a point where she realized her swing was not comfortable anymore and then decided the crib was much better. One night of crying for 20 minutes and now she falls asleep on her own each and every time. And so now, the swing has been retired. It makes me a little sad that she is out of that baby stage already and on her way to becoming a toddler.

Aidan and Gavin are more hilarious everyday. I have resigned myself to the fact that the independence stage is here to stay for a while (thank goodness they are not both going through it at the same time!) and I just had to regroup and plan a strategy. My strategy is that unless Gavin is being downright disrespectful, I must let most of his antics go. Ignore them. And hopefully they will go away.

Yesterday we went to the Crap Store as Gavin calls it (Michael's...the craft store). I think this is hysterical so I ask him over and over "Where did we go today?" "The crap store". Oh, such little things amuse me.

Aidan planned and executed his little sister's escape from her exersaucer. I came downstairs to find Ciara roaming around after I swear I had put her in the exersaucer with some drink yogurt and Cheerios so I could check my emails. Aidan admitted to tipping the exersaucer over so Ciara could crawl out. The thing is he must have done it oh-so-gently because I didn't hear a peep from Ciara or a crash of any sort. My life has yet again gotten a little bit harder.

1 comment:

ghetufool said...

lovely baby.