Friday, June 23, 2006

Some good things

I feel like lately I have just been complaining about the little people so I wanted to post some good stuff. lol

Aidan: He is my sweetheart. He is so loving and cuddly and always there to sit on my lap as soon as I sit down. "I love you so much" is common to hear from him, totally spur-of-the-moment and unsolicited. He is also totally in love with his baby sister. From the moment she gets up he is all over her. Tickling her toes while I am holding her, crawling after her on the floor when they are playing, licking (yes, licking) her head. He shows his affection in all kinds of ways. And, when Ciara crawls over to his Duplo building or his train tracks to see what he is up to, he gently says "No, baby Ciara. Be careful."

Gavin: Yes, he is my stubborn, bossy, little dictator but he has his moments. He can be a great sharer and totally cooperative at times. When he is in a good mood, he is very, very happy and silly. He makes up little songs or changes the words to a familiar tune and walks around the house singing it. He must be involved in every single thing that happens in our house and then asks questions for days after it happens. Changing light fixtures, laying tile, watching the lawn get mown, emptying the dishwasher. Gavin is there observing, asking, learning. And, he is slowly falling in love with his baby sister. When she first came home, he barely acknowledged her. Then as she became mobile, and starting babbling more, he realized she was this little person and he started talking to her, bringing her things and asking me to put her on the floor to play with her. But, he can turn on a dime and has been known to push her over and then say "It's ok baby Ciara, I'm just pushing you."

Ciara: My little ray of sunshine. Sounds corny but it is so true. She is the happiest little baby I have ever met and I really am not being biased. The only time she cries is when she is tired. She is always babbling to herself, kicking her little legs, and smiling at whoever happens to be near. And she loves her big brothers! She always tries to get in on the action and it won't be long until she is toddling after them and will be into all their stuff more than she already is. I hope the boys are ready!

So there it is. So I don't feel like so much of an ogre. I do love my three little birds!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What cute kiddos!

I found your blog from Tertia's G&D Blogroll... I'll be back for sure!